With the new year comes new resolutions. Have you felt like you have neglected your carpet? Maybe even felt a tinge guilty? After all, you wouldn’t drive your car for 100,000 miles without changing the oil, would you? Of course not. Just like your automobile, your carpets, floor and fabrics represent a significant investment. To keep your carpet “tuned-up” simply follow these 5 vital steps.
5 Easy Steps To Protect Your Investment
- Check Your Warranty: All stain resist warranties require regular cleaning and immediate spot removal.
- Vacuum Your Carpet: Vacuuming removes the sharp soil that can cut and slice the fiber causing premature wear.
- Have Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned: Professional cleaning by a certified firm should be done at least every 12 months according to DuPont and major carpet manufacturers.
- Remove Spots Immediately: Spots that are not immediately removed can turn into permanent stains very easily.
- Have Carpet Protector Re-Applied: The soil resistor thatr is built into stain resistant nylon carpet is removed with regular foot traffic and harsh cleaners. To keep your carpet cleaner longer, have your protector re-applied each time you have your carpet professionally cleaned.